Chapter 1. Setting Up Networks
In this chapter, we will see how to set up the various network resources that we will use in the next chapter. We will cover the following recipes:
- Setting up an External Network
- Creating 1,000 isolated networks without VXLANs
- Making VXLANs work
- Integrating Cisco 1000v into vCD
- Giving your networks an Edge
- Doing it all(most) without a Distributed Switch
Network virtualization is what makes vCloud Director such an awesome tool. However, before we go full out in the next chapter, we need to set up network virtualization, and it is what we will be focusing on here.
When we talk about isolated networks, we are talking about vCloud Director making use of different methods of the Network layer 3 encapsulation (OSI/ISO ...