Adding a new storage profile to vCD
You have just created a new storage profile in vSphere but now need to add it to an OvDC. Here is how it's done.
First, we need a datastore that has been added to the ESXi hosts. We also need an organization as well as an OvDC, to which we can add it.
To add a storage profile to vCloud, there are three major steps involved.
- Creating a user-defined storage capability:
- Log in to vCenter using the WebClient.
- Click on vCenter and then on Datastores.
- Select the first datastore that should be part of the new storage profile.
- Click on Manage in the tabs and then on Profiles.
- Now we add user-defined storage capability to a datastore; click on the Assign Storage Capability button.
- Now you can select ...