Creating 1,000 isolated networks without VXLANs
Network Pools are essential for network virtualization. If you are not sure about VXLAN networks, here is how you create 1,000 networks using only one VLAN.
As I have already mentioned, we need one VLAN that is trunked to a Distributed Switch. The VLAN doesn't need to be routed. The only other requirement is that the network gear can accommodate a higher MTU.
- In the system organization, we click on Manage & Monitor and then on Network pools.
- Now click on the green plus (+) icon to add a Network Pool.
- Now click on Network Isolation-backed as shown in the following screenshot:
- Define how many networks you would like to create. The maximum is 1,000:
- Type in the VLAN number you ...