This chapter brought out the importance of an acceptable data format that can be used for any type of data, communicated over the web. Various means of XML manipulation were discussed—creation of data, parsing, manipulation and transformation. The last section of this chapter highlighted the importance of JSON which is fast replacing XML.
- Why is XML considered important?
- In your view, why is XSD considered better than DTD?
- What is an XML namespace?
- Make a study of the parsers available in open source that can be plugged into Java.
- Provide examples for the following XML document
- Well-formed XML document, but not valid
- Valid XML document
- JAXP provides support for XSLT operations as part of its XML implementation. Refer ...