We start by installing the device package, following the same steps as the Installing device packages recipe earlier.
The ASAv device package and OVA file do require specific entitlements from Cisco before you can download them.
- From L4-L7 Services, select packages and click on Import Device Package.
- Browse to the package location and upload it. The package name will be something like asa-device-pkg-22.214.171.124.
- The new device should be visible from the L4-L7 Service Device Types window in the GUI.
- From vCenter, choose the option to deploy the OVA template (File | Deploy OVF Template).
- Select the appropriate download option. If you are using a standalone ESXi server, use the file named asav-esxi.ofv; if you are using vCenter, ...