- To state briefly the need for Chemical Bonding chapter.
- To define physical meaning of chemical bonding between atoms including identical atoms.
- To elaborate types of chemical bonding with several concepts.
- To state Fajans’ rule.
- To describe VSEPR Theory with several examples.
- To describe Atomic Orbital Theory (AO) with examples.
- To describe Molecular Orbital Theory (MO) in detail with examples.
- To state metallic bonding.
- To end the chapter with an understanding of chemical bonding.
NEED FOR THE CHAPTER
Individual atoms rarely exist at room temperature and atmospheric pressure except noble gases (He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe and Ra), which are not reactive with others (or in other words inert gases). Therefore, ...