Creating a C++ project
With the goals set, let's get started by launching the Unreal launcher. If you already have an Unreal Editor instance running, that is not a problem; just choose to make a new project from within the File menu and that will launch the proper screen of the launcher. Otherwise inside the launcher, just hit the Launch button of the editor version you want. After a few seconds of loading, the editor project selection window will appear. Do the following:
- Switch to the New Project tab.
- Under New Project, switch to the C++ subtab.
- Choose a Basic Code project type.
- Set the target to Desktop/Console as that's our target!
- Set the quality to Maximum Quality.
- Remove the starter content, it will not be useful at all.
- Give your project a name, ...