Really great products and really huge successes don’t come from focus groups! And if you simply rely on trial and error, or guesswork, you’ll lose far more often than you’ll win. Now, there’s a solution: Rule Developing Experimentation (RDE), the first systematized, disciplined, solution-oriented business process of experimentation.
In Selling Blue Elephants, RDE’s creators reveal how to systematically design, test, and modify alternative ideas, packages, products, and services, to discover offerings your customers will be passionate about...even if they can’t articulate the need, much less the solution!
Discover the seven easy steps that take you from cluelessness to clarity in just days... sometimes even hours. Watch RDE succeeding in companies ranging from Hewlett-Packard to Campbell’s, MasterCard to Maxwell House... and learn how to get the same outstanding results yourself, one step at a time, every time!
Discover “how the world works” in your market
Reveal the hidden rules that define your next breakthrough product
Create prototypes that answer the right questions, fast
Get at the truths your customers don’t know how to tell you
Use automated tools to streamline the entire process
Streamline your research, and get actionable answers in just days
Extend RDE value throughout the enterprise
From messaging to corporate communications to investor behavior
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Praise for Selling Blue Elephants
- Copyright Page
- About the Authors
Part: I. Making Money
- Chapter 1. Hewlett-Packard Shifts Gears
- Chapter 2. Maxwell House’s Calculus of Coffee
- Chapter 3. Dialing Up Delicious: Major Discoveries from Vlasic and Prego
- Chapter 4. How to Make People Feel Good Even When They Pay More
- Chapter 5. Discover More About Your Competitors Than They Themselves Know—Legally!
- Part: II. Making the Future
- Part: III. Flying to Venus
- Title: Selling Blue Elephants: How To Make Great Products That People Want Before They Even Know They Want Them
- Release date: April 2007
- Publisher(s): PH Professional Business
- ISBN: 9780136136682