Write great search-optimized, customer-optimized web copy!
(No experience? No problem!)
Need to put together a website? Or post to your company’s Facebook page? Or write a great Google AdWords ad? You know it’s important. Your image is at stake. Maybe a lot ofmoney, too. But you’re not a professional web copywriter. Where do you start? Right here. Million-selling author Michael Miller will teach you, show you, guide you–even if you’ve never done it before!
Think you can’t write? Hate to write? Forget school: Here are all the professional-quality online copywriting tips and tricks you need right now. Miller will help you find your voice, organize your message, use links, get great search results, and a whole lot more. Best of all, you’ll learn how to grab hold of people in seconds–because that’s all the time you’ve got!
• The perfect web copywriting guide for every entrepreneur, small businessperson, blogger, and website owner
• Keep it short, keep it simple!
• Think like your readers, fire them up, and get them to act!
• Write text that search engines and humans will both love
• Be absolutely clear! Squeeze all the confusion out of your content
• Make sure you know just enough grammar and punctuation
• Combine text and visuals to make them both work better
• Choose the right delivery formats
• Integrate your copy into an existing web page design
• Work well with web designers and developers
Detailed, expert guidance for writing:
• Web pages
• Online articles
• Blog posts
• Social media updates
• Web ads
• Email promos & newsletters
• Online press releases
• Online help & FAQs
• Smartphone & tablet content
• Web interfaces
Michael Miller has written 100+ non-fiction books, including The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide; B2B Digital Marketing; Using Google® AdWords and AdSense; Using Google® Search; The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization; Sams Teach Yourself Google Analytics in 10 Minutes; and Facebook for Grown-Ups. Miller’s books have sold more than one million copies worldwide. He has earned a reputation for clearly explaining technical subjects to non-technical readers, and offering exceptionally useful real-world advice on complex topics.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
I. Online Copywriting 101
- 1. What’s Different About Writing Online Copy?
- 2. Punctuation, Grammar, and Other Rules to Live By
- 3. Conveying Confusing Content, Clearly
- 4. Keeping It Short and Simple
- 5. Organizing Your Content
- 6. Firing Up Your Readers
- 7. Finding Your Voice
- 8. Incorporating Visuals
- 9. Utilizing Links and Outside Content
- 10. Optimizing Your Copy for Web Search
II. Writing for Different Vehicles
- 11. Writing Web Pages
- 12. Writing Online Articles
- 13. Writing Blog Posts
- 14. Writing Social Media Updates
- 15. Writing Email Newsletters and Promotions
- 16. Writing Online Ads
- 17. Writing Online Press Releases
- 18. Writing Online Help Files and FAQs
- 19. Writing Web Interfaces
- 20. Writing for Mobile Devices
III. Getting It Done
- 21. Determining the Right Delivery Formats
- 22. Dealing with Web Page Design
- 23. Working with Technical and Design Staff
- 24. The Final Word: Think Like the Reader
- IV. Appendixes
- Title: Web Words That Work: Writing Online Copy That Sells
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133354102