- What are the similarities and differences between an Adaptive PMLC model and an Extreme PMLC model? Be very specific.
- If your choice of PMLC model could be either Adaptive or Extreme, which would you choose and why? Are there any conditions that would clearly suggest one model over the other? State your rationale.
CASE STUDY — PIZZA DELIVERED QUICKLY (PDQ)
3. For the case study, the Logistics subsystem development project will use INSPIRE. The POS is shown here as an accompanying figure. If you were the approving manager, what questions might you ask? Revise the POS so that it addresses the questions you would ask.
Logistics subsystem POS
4. Can APF be used on an extreme project? Why? Why not? Be specific.
5. In the formation stages of a project, are there any distinct advantages to using xPM over APF for an extreme project? If so, identify them.
6. In the formation stages of a project, are there any distinct disadvantages to using APF over xPM for an extreme project? If so, identify them. In considering your answer, think about what is really known versus what may be only speculation and how that might create problems.
7. Is APF or xPM more likely to waste less of the client's money and the team's time if the project were killed prior to completion? To answer the question, you have to consider when the decision to kill the project is made in APF projects ...