Network logs allow the cloud user to view network traffic within their private cloud network plane. AWS VPC flow logs, Azure flow logging, and GCP Stackdriver logging are all native services that run on each respective cloud platform and provide network logging and analysis tools.
These flow logs contain a wealth of information, including (but not limited to):
- Source and destination IPv4 or IPv6 address
- Source and destination port
- IANA protocol number
- Number of packets
- Size in bytes
- Start and end time of capture window
- Action/Status (whether traffic was permitted by firewall rules or not)
- Account IDs
- Interface ID (logical identifier for virtual network interface of traffic)
These logs are maintained in the native cloud service, ...