What if we could reorganize and reorient our teams to make security an enabler to development, and not a blocker? Public cloud platforms allow this evolution in a number of ways:
- Providing and extending security products/services into the platform natively
- Exposing the native security features as APIs
- Integrating security features into the core IT services (network, identity and access management, encryption, DLP, and more)
- In addition, there are some innate benefits:
- A shared responsibility model where security responsibilities are shouldered by the cloud provider and the customer security team
- At-scale and deep security experience offered by cloud provider
- Updates and features incorporated into services ...