Successful online communities don’t just happen by
themselves. They’re the result of a carefully executed
strategy, solid design, and patient nurturing. Though they may seem
like a lot of work, the benefits an online community can bring to
your brand make the efforts worthwhile. This book will provide you
with the essential tools to build online communities. You’ll
learn how to:
• identify the business objectives for your online community
• develop a community strategy to recruit and retain members
• create brand loyalty, bring in new business, and offer value to customers that your competitors cannot imitate
• take advantage of free advertising opportunities
• use communities to gain market insights and establish a direct line to your customer base
In addition, you’ll discover the risks and costs of an online community project, how it can end up saving your company money, and even how it can become an important new revenue source of its own.
You’ll also be inspired by exclusive interviews, where the people who manage thriving online communities share the lessons they’ve learned and the secrets of their success.