Project Management and Construction
- Project management is not facility management (FM).
- The facility manager must control, if not manage, all large capital projects for which FM will become responsible.
- Life-cycle costing should be used for project decisions.
- Partnering provides an opportunity to avoid litigation during major projects.
- Both design–build and fast-tracking offer opportunities for cost savings but place greater pressure on the design team.
- New contracting methods should be considered in light of their benefits to all stakeholders within a project.
- Costs can be minimized by selecting the correct method of contracting and the correct construction process for major projects.
- Prequalify design firms and builders.
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.