Facility Security Implementation
- Planning is the starting point for security implementation.
- The purpose of an access control plan is to measure and then minimize risk.
- The fewer entry points to a facility, the better.
- The best security preventive measure is to control access.
- Technology continues to be the wave of the future for security.
- Personnel must be qualified and trained.
Prior to the Internet revolution, security systems were operated via cable and telephone lines. Surveillance was limited to local coaxial cable and, by today's standards, was considered to be relatively slow. The Internet has enabled systems to operate at the speed of light from anywhere in the world and with wireless capability. Remote ...