Facility Security Goals and Responsibilities
- Every facility manager has a responsibility for security within the organization.
- The first goal of a facility manager is protecting people. The second goal is to protect property.
- Security involves four principal groups: facility management, public safety, information technology, and employees. All must cooperate and collaborate.
- The key to staffing is not quantity but rather quality.
- Quality employees are well-trained employees.
- The installation of high-tech equipment is useless if you do not have the appropriate staffing and training to monitor, analyze, understand, and maintain it.
- A good security plan includes screening and background checks of new employees, training, preventing ...