Emergency Preparation and Training
- Facility managers must ensure that their personnel are cross-trained on every facet of the organization's emergency plan. This develops self-confidence and ensures that they can step in when needed.
- Ensure that personnel and their families know the evacuation routes, where community shelters are located, and the sheltering-in procedures.
- Establish out-of-region telecommuting work sites where employees can work remotely.
- Develop scenarios and conduct periodic drills and exercises to ensure that the facility personnel know what to expect and what to do in an emergency. Instruct and drill organization facility occupants and tenants in evacuation and sheltering-in procedures.
- Quality is what counts; ...