In this section, we will build a Node.js application that simulates reading of time series data from sensors. To store the data, we will use the InfluxDB time series database.
For building the application, we will need the following software:
- Node.js 6+ (https://nodejs.org/en/download/)
- restify (https://www.npmjs.com/package/restify)
- node-influx (https://www.npmjs.com/package/influx)
- slack-incoming-webhook (https://www.npmjs.com/package/slack-incoming-webhook)
- Docker (https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/
To build a Node.js application that simulates reading of time series data from sensors, proceed as follows:
- Create a package.json file, describing software dependencies. ...