Features of LibGDX 1.2.0
Since the release of LibGDX Version 0.1 back in March 2010, a lot of work has been contributed in order to improve this library. The latest stable release of LibGDX is Version 1.2.0 from June 2014, which we are going to use throughout this book.
Here is a list of features taken from the official website (http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/features.html).
The graphic features are as follows:
- Render through OpenGL ES 2.0 on all platforms
- Custom OpenGL ES 2.0 bindings for Android 2.0 and higher versions
- Low-level OpenGL helpers:
- Vertex arrays and vertex buffer objects
- Framebuffer objects (GLES 2.0 only)
- Shaders, integrating easily with meshes
- Immediate mode rendering emulation
- Simple shape rendering
- Automatic software ...