Researching the App Store Market
WHAT'S IN THIS CHAPTER?
- Discovering useful App Store metrics
- Learning how to choose your niche
- Understanding the importance of competitive research
- Utilizing techniques to gauge the competition in your niche
- Learning what to look for when searching the App Store
- Understanding how to use critical feedback as stepping stones to becoming an expert in your niche
- Discovering when and what to borrow from successful apps, and what to discard
Reliable App Store metrics can be difficult to find. Apple releases precious few statistics — except the good ones as they relate to App Store growth or market share — and whatever else you can find is spread wide over the Internet. Fortunately, there are a few exceptions, especially when major milestones occur. In this chapter, you learn about gaining today's most up-to-date statistics, including current projections.