45. Design Your Brand Personality and Essence
So far we have discussed how marketing successes are built on the foundation of positioning and branding. But what are some first steps in developing your own brand? You can use the following four-step creative process to describe your brand personality and essence:
1. Begin by thinking of preferred adjectives that describe your ideal brand image.
2. Consider your current brand image versus your desired brand image. Describe each and consider how far apart they are.
3. Describe your competitors and their brand identity using the same criteria. Describe their brand personality and brand essence. Think about how much they have invested in their total brand equity.
4. Consider your target audience. ...