The easy-to-use guide to SMART Board interactive whiteboards
SMART Board interactive whiteboards—which combine the functionality of a computer with the simplicity of a whiteboard—are rapidly becoming fixtures in classrooms, boardrooms, and lecture halls everywhere. While these high tech devices are transforming the ways we teach and learn, getting the most out of them can be down right intimidating. SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard For Dummies is here to help, explaining everything users need to know to make the most of their technology.
Covering topics including how to calibrate a SMART Board interactive whiteboard using a computer, navigating software options, creating interactive presentations and lesson plans, incorporating sound and animation, managing content, and using digital ink with the touch of a finger, the book is designed to get your interactive whiteboard up and running in no time.
Introduces and explains SMART Board interactive whiteboards, computer-based white boards that are becoming widespread in classrooms and boardrooms around the world
Covers essential topics ranging from setting up a SMART Board interactive whiteboards to managing content
Provides the tools SMART Board interactive whiteboard users need to make the most of these new devices
The go-to guide for anyone working with SMART Board interactive whiteboards, SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard For Dummies is designed to make using the chalkboards of the twenty-first century a cinch.
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
Part I: Getting Started with Your SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard
- Chapter 1: Unveiling the SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard
- Chapter 2: Setting Up Your SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard
- Chapter 3: Configuring Your SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard and Components
- Chapter 4: Performing Basic Tasks with Your SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard
Part II: Creating Lessons and Presentations with SMART Notebook Collaborative Learning Software
- Chapter 5: Getting Acquainted with SMART Notebook Software
- Chapter 6: Creating and Working with SMART Notebook Files
- Chapter 7: Creating and Working with SMART Notebook Pages
- Chapter 8: Creating and Working with Objects
- Chapter 9: Using Your Own Content
- Chapter 10: Using Content from SMART Resources
- Chapter 11: Creating Your First Lesson or Presentation
Part III: Adding Interactivity Tools and Collaborating Activities
- Chapter 12: Adding Multimedia to Your Presentation or Lesson
- Chapter 13: Collaborating with Your SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard
- Chapter 14: Taking Advantage of Remote Collaboration and Other Conferencing Tools
- Chapter 15: Using SMART Meeting Pro Software
- Chapter 16: Putting It All Together: Some Great Examples
Part IV: The Part of Tens
Chapter 17: Ten (Or So) Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Hide the Image on My Interactive Whiteboard but not on My Computer?
- Can I Use Other Software with a SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard?
- How Does a SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard Actually Work?
- What’s the Difference between an Interactive Whiteboard and an Electronic Whiteboard?
- How Can I Show My Notes to Someone without an Interactive Whiteboard?
- What Programs Does Ink Aware Work With?
- What Is the Attachment Tab and Why Would I Need It?
- Why Should I Use the Gallery Essentials Collection?
- How Does the Interactive Whiteboard Know Which SMART Pen Tray Tool I’m Using?
- How Can I Tell if the Interactive Whiteboard Is Communicating with the Computer?
- What Do I Do When I Get a “Clean Filter” Warning?
- Can I Lock the Interactive Whiteboard to Prevent Other People from Using My Computer?
Chapter 18: Ten (Or So) Cool Accessories
- The SMART Response Interactive Response System
- SMART Notebook Math Tools
- SMART Document Camera and Mixed Reality Tools
- SMART Slate™ Wireless Slate
- SMART Exchange Website
- SMART GoWire Auto-Launch Cable
- SMART Sync™ Classroom Management Software
- SMART Ideas® Concept Mapping Software
- Trimble SketchUp
Chapter 19: Ten (Or So) Hints, Tips, and Shortcuts
- Enhancing Your Presentations with Technology
- Letting Your Fingers Do the Walking
- Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3
- Erasing a Large Area
- Filling an Empty Pen Tray Slot
- Sending Text from Another Application into a SMART Notebook File
- Quickly Accessing the Orientation Screen
- Trying the Transparent Layer
- Chapter 20: Ten Creative Ways to Involve Your Audience
- Chapter 17: Ten (Or So) Frequently Asked Questions
- Part V: Appendixes
- Cheat Sheet
- Title: SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard For Dummies
- Release date: September 2012
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118376683
You might also like
How to Solve Almost Any Problem
Problems block and slow down your progress; here’s how to overcome them–simply, efficiently and effectively. This …
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …
Creative writing may be the ultimate form of self-expression. Whether the reader is a creative writing …
Make It Glow
Light up your life with ingenious LED projects perfect for the whole family! This beautifully presented …