• Updated File Format (p. 12-13, 15) Word 2013 documents are saved in an updated .docx file format. Prior versions of Word documents open in Compatibility mode, which you can convert to the Word 2013 file format.
• Read Mode View (p. 16-19) Read Mode view displays the full screen and removes distracting screen elements to provide a more comfortable view to read your documents.
• Open Editable PDFs (p. 40-41) If you have a PDF document, you can open it in Word. The resulting document is optimized using PDF Reflow to allow you to edit the text.
• Formatting (p. 68-69, 78-79) Word includes enhanced formatting with Number Styles, and Ligatures (letter spacing), and Stylistic Sets.
• Quick Style (p. 90-91) You can access styles from the ...