- Explain the principle, construction and working of a semiconductor laser.
- Explain the purpose of an active medium in a gas laser.
- State the applications of lasers.
(Set-1–Nov. 2003), (Set-2–Nov. 2003), (Set-3–Nov. 2003)
- Derive the relation between the probabilities of spontaneous emission and stimulated emission in terms of Einstein’s coefficients.
(Set-4–Sept. 2007), (Set-1, Set-3–May 2007), (Set-2–Nov. 2004)
- Explain the characteristics of a laser.
(Set-1–May 2008), (Set-2, Set-3–Sept. 2007), (Set-2–Sept. 2006), (Set-1–Nov. 2004)
- With the help of suitable diagrams, explain the principle, construction and working of a ruby laser.
- What do you understand by population ...