7.12 Applications of ferrites
The various applications are described below:
- Ferrites are used in thermal sensing switches used in refrigerators, air conditioners, electronic ovens, etc.
- The magnetostrictive property of ferrites is utilized in producing ultrasonic waves from a ferrite rod by the application of an alternating magnetic field.
- The insulating property of ferrites finds their use in electric motors; they are also used as flat rings for loud speakers, wind screen wiper motors and correction magnets for TV.
- Some ferrites possess high rectangular hysteresis loop, so they are useful in the construction of computer memory system for rapid storage and retrieval of digital information.
- Mixed ferrites possess high resistivity and good magnetic ...