1. Jefferson Insurance Company of New York v. Superior Court of Alameda County, 475 P. 2d 880 (1970).
2. Valued policy states include Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
3. Gamel v. Continental Ins. Co., 463 S.W. 2d 590 (1971).
4. Edwin W. Patterson, Essentials of Insurance Law, 2nd ed. (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1957), pp. 109–111, 154–159.
5. Ibid., p. 114.
6. Jamie P. Hopkins, Edward E. Graves, and Burke A Christensen (Eds.), McGill’s Legal Aspects of Life Insurance, 9th ed. (Bryn Mawr, PA: The American College, 2014), p. 4.13.
7. Texas is an exception. ...