Praise for Best Practices in Talent Management
"This book includes the most up-to-date thinking, tools, models, instruments and case studies necessary to identify, lead, and manage talent within your organization and with a focus on results. It provides it all—from thought leadership to real-world practice."
head of talent management, refining, marketing, and international operations, Saudi Aramco
"This is a superb compendium of stories that give the reader a peek behind the curtains of top notch organizations who have wrestled with current issues of talent management. Their lessons learned are vital for leaders and practitioners who want a very valuable heads up."
Founder/CEO: Career Systems International and Co-Author, Love 'Em or Lose 'Em
"This is a must read for organization leaders and HR practitioners who cope with the today's most critical business challenge—talent management. This book provides a vast amount of thought provoking ideals, tools, and models, for building and implementing talent management strategies. I highly recommend it!"
Organization Development Program Manager, Arizona Public Service ?
"If you are responsible for planning and implementing an effective talent and succession management strategy in your organization, this book provides the case study examples you are looking for."
Author, Building Tomorrow's Talent
"A must read for all managers who wish to implement a best practice talent management program within their organization"
William A. Schreyer Professor of Global Management, Policies and Planning Senior Advisor and Distinguished Senior Scholar Center for Strategic and International Affairs Founding Director Center for Global Business Studies
Table of Contents
- About This Book
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- HOW TO USE THIS BOOK
CHAPTER 1 - AVON PRODUCTS, INC.
- A SUCCESS-DRIVEN CHALLENGE
- THE TURNAROUND
- THE TALENT CHALLENGE
- EXECUTE ON THE “WHAT,” DIFFERENTIATE WITH “HOW”
- FROM OPAQUE TO TRANSPARENT
- FROM COMPLEX TO SIMPLE
- FROM EGALITARIAN TO DIFFERENTIATED
- FROM EPISODIC TO DISCIPLINED
- FROM EMOTIONAL TO FACTUAL
- FROM MEANINGLESS TO CONSEQUENTIAL
- THE RESULTS OF A TALENT TURNAROUND
- MEASURING THE TALENT TURNAROUND’S SUCCESS
- CHAPTER 2 - BANK OF AMERICA
- CHAPTER 3 - CORNING INCORPORATED
CHAPTER 4 - CUSTOMER AND ENTERPRISE SERVICES (CES) DIVISION OF A FORTUNE 100 ORGANIZATION
- BUSINESS BACKGROUND AND CHALLENGES
- THE ROOTS OF THE CES TRANSFORMATION: LEADERSHIP AND PROCESS
- DIAGNOSING AND DESIGNING THE WHOLE SYSTEM TRANSFORMATION: THE LEADERSHIP ...
- IMPLEMENTING THE WHOLE SYSTEM TRANSFORMATION: THE WAVES
- SUPPORTING AND REINFORCING THE WHOLE SYSTEM TRANSFORMATION
- EVALUATION OF THE CES WHOLE SYSTEM TRANSFORMATION
CHAPTER 5 - ECOLAB, INC.
- COMPANY BACKGROUND
- ECOLAB’S 2002-2007 STRATEGIC PLAN
- CULTURE IS CRITICAL
- ECOLAB’S TALENT MANAGEMENT PHILOSOPHY
- THE ECOLAB TALENT PIPELINE
- THE IMPORTANCE OF INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT
- INTRODUCING THE TALENT PIPELINE MODEL AT ECOLAB
- SUPPORTING SUCCESSFUL IMPLEMENTATION
- KEEPING THE PIPELINE FULL
- CHAPTER 6 - GE MONEY AMERICAS
- CHAPTER 7 - INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
- CHAPTER 8 - KAISER PERMANENTE COLORADO REGION
- CHAPTER 9 - MCDONALD’S
CHAPTER 10 - MICROSOFT CORPORATION
- WHAT LED MICROSOFT SMSG TO MAKE THE CHANGE
- EXPO LEADERS BUILDING LEADERS—THE NEW HIGH-POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
- THE PROCESS OF REDESIGNING THE HIGH-POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
- COACHING AS A PRIMARY DEVELOPMENT COMPONENT FOR HIPO DEVELOPMENT IN SMSG
- LEARNING CIRCLES AS A PRIMARY DEVELOPMENT COMPONENT FOR HIPO DEVELOPMENT IN SMSG
- CHAPTER 11 - MURRAY & ROBERTS LIMITED
- CHAPTER 12 - PORTER NOVELLI
- CHAPTER 13 - SOUTHERN COMPANY
- CHAPTER 14 - WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
- ABOUT BEST PRACTICE INSTITUTE
- ABOUT THE EDITORS
- Title: Best Practices in Talent Management: How the World's Leading Corporations Manage, Develop, and Retain Top Talent
- Release date: December 2009
- Publisher(s): Pfeiffer
- ISBN: 9780470555231