Web Usability Overview
Common sense is not so common.
—Voltaire, Dictionnaire Philosophique
Good usability is properly managing people’s expectations.
Some of the overall goals of web usability are
- Decrease the time it takes visitors to finish tasks
- Reduce the number of mistakes visitors are likely to
- Shorten visitors’ learning time
- Improve visitors’ satisfaction with your site
When you are considering usability for landing pages, you should always
take into account the following picture of your visitor’s typical mind-set and
- The visitor has extreme impatience and little commitment to
- The visitor has a short fixation on only the more prominent
items of interest.
- The visitor’s typical desired next action ...