Here are the key points we covered in this chapter:
- The audience for Facebook games is large and diverse, and includes successful hits in traditional “gamer” genres like real-time strategy and roleplaying games.
- In 2012–2013, puzzle/arcade games will probably be most popular, while casino games also have a lot of potential for indie developers.
- When analyzing Facebook games, don’t assume a large number of monthly users means a game is successful. Look for growth and/or strong activity after three months, and a solid user base of daily users that can support the studio’s development team.
- Besides virtual currency sales, designers can make money from their games through advertising and in-app offers.
- A number of top Facebook game publishers, including 6waves and EA Playfish, consider submissions from indie developers.