The sure way for design professionals to learn SketchUp modeling and rendering techniques
Rendering In SketchUp provides instructions for creating 3D photoreal graphics for SketchUp models using integrated rendering programs. The book serves as a beginner rendering manual and reference guide to further develop rendering skills. With an emphasis on step-by-step process, SketchUp users learn a universal approach to rendering varied SketchUp projects, including architecture, interiors, and site design models.
The book focuses on tasks and principles at the core of photorealistic rendering, including:
Rendering process: Learn a step-by-step process focused on workflow within SketchUp's familiar workspace.
Universal method: Understand how the process can be used to work with a variety of different integrated rendering programs, including Shaderlight, SU Podium and Twilight Render**. These programs are easy to learn and function in SketchUp.
Textures and materials: Discover how to obtain, apply and edit texture images representing surfaces.
Component details: Learn how to acquire and organize model details to allow for rich, expressive settings while maintaining computer and SketchUp performance.
Exterior and simulated lighting: Learn to set exterior lighting with the SketchUp's Shadow menu or illuminate a scene with simulated lights, lamps, and bulbs.
Render settings: Use specific settings for various rendering programs to quickly set texture character, image quality, and graphic output.
Computer specifications: Find out how computers produce renders and the type of computer hardware required to streamline the process.
Photoshop post-processing: Learn how to further refine rendered images in Photoshop.
**Free online chapters: The book reviews specific settings for SketchUp and the rendering plug-in Shaderlight. Given the ever-changing nature of technology, free, online accompanying chapters detail settings for additional integrated rendering programs including SU Podium, Twilight Render, and more.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Overview and Concepts
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Rendering in SketchUp
- Chapter 2: Contents and Extended Features
- Chapter 3: The Rendering Process
- Chapter 4: How Rendering Works
- Chapter 5: Learning to Look
Part 2: Textures
- Chapter 6: Textures Overview
- Chapter 7: The Texture Library
- Chapter 8: The SketchUp Texture Tools
- Chapter 9: Apply, Assess, and Adjust
- Chapter 10: Editing Textures in an External Photo Editor
Part 3: Modeling Detail
- Chapter 11: An Overview of Modeling Detail
- Chapter 12: The Detailing Tools
- Chapter 13: Component Details
- Chapter 14: Organizing the Model
- Chapter 15: Camera Scenes, Composition, and Backdrops
- Chapter 16: Advanced Detailing
- Part 4: Setting Light with Shadows
Part 5: The Iterative Rendering Process
- Chapter 19: A Rendering Overview
- Chapter 20: Steps of the Iterative Rendering Process
- Chapter 21: Texture Values
- Chapter 22: Image Resolution
- Chapter 23: Exterior Light
- Chapter 24: Simulated Lighting
Part 6: Shaderlight by ArtVPS
- Chapter 25: Introduction to Shaderlight
- Chapter 26: Shaderlight Iterative Rendering Settings
- Chapter 27: Shaderlight Texture Settings
- Chapter 28: Shaderlight Exterior Lighting and Backdrops
- Chapter 29: Shaderlight Simulated Lighting
- Chapter 30: Shaderlight Special Features
- Part 7: The Photoshop Postproduction Process
Part 8: Anatomy of a Rendering
- Chapter 33: Building the Base Model
- Chapter 34: Building Detail
- Chapter 35: Interior Detail
- Chapter 36: Site Detail
- Chapter 37: Scenes
- Chapter 38: Setting Light with Shadows
- Chapter 39: The Iterative Rendering Process for Exterior Scenes
- Chapter 40: The Iterative Rendering Process for Interior Scenes
- Chapter 41: Postproduction of Exterior Scene
- Title: Rendering in SketchUp: From Modeling to Presentation for Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Interior Design
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118330012