Time for action - register the animations
The character model that we're using has been pre-animated in Blender. It has three animations: idle, step, and catch. Before we can play these animations using a Script, we have to tell Unity the frame ranges the model uses.
- In the Project panel, click on the character model inside the Models folder.
- In the Inspector panel, scroll down to the Animations section.
- Make sure that Bake Animations and Split Animations are both checked.
- Click on the little plus icon at the right edge of the box to add three new animations.
- Name the animations step, idle, and catch.
- Use these settings for the Start, End, and WrapMode parameters:
- step 1-12, Loop
- idle 22-47, Loop
- catch 12-20, Once
- When you are finished, click on ...