In Chapter 7, Carnival Midway – Games Part 1, we presented a process for producing sharp 3D type. UI Text requires a different approach. The following steps are optional and require importing new font assets:
- Visit 1001freefonts.com or Fontspring.com to locate and download font faces for the label, score, and timer text fields. Select TrueType (.ttf files) or OpenType (.otf files) fonts for the best results.
- Import the font files into Unity and move the assets to our Font folder.
- Select each font and increase the Font Size from 16 to 90 in the Inspector panel.
- Select MoleGame | ScoreBoard | Timer. Change the Rect Transform scale to (0.25, 0.25, 0.25). Increase the Text (Script) Font Size to 150.
- Repeat this process for the ...