Five Factors for Winning
To cross the finish line and feel like a winner at work, a person needs five things:
1. Clear goals and objectives, which are discussed and agreed upon.
2. Clear measurements, metrics, and standards so that the employee knows that success will be measured and determined.
3. Clear deadlines and sub-deadlines, so the employee knows exactly when the job is supposed to be completed.
4. Success experiences—that is, the employee must actually complete the job on time, on budget, and to the agreed-on standards of quality.
5. Recognition and rewards—the employee must receive acknowledgment for successful task completion by the boss, very much like the crowd cheering for a winning athlete. In addition, whenever possible, there ...