With ArcScene you can:
- Create surfaces with a number of tools and techniques.
- Analyze surfaces in a variety of ways.
- Drape raster images over surfaces.
- Drape vector features over surfaces.
- View three-dimensional surfaces in perspective from multiple observer points.
- View scenes differently by changing the shading, transparency, and illumination properties of 3-D layers.
- Change the “Z” visual component of 3-D scenes (exaggerate the vertical).
- Create surface models from rasters and TINs.
- Make queries on raster values.
- Get instantaneous information about the elevation, slope, and aspect of TINs.
- Create contours of surfaces.
- Find the steepest path on a surface.
- See a surface under different levels of illumination.
- Calculate the volume between a horizontal plane and three-dimensional surface specified by a TIN.
- Determine what parts of a landscape can be seen from various vantage points.
- Draw lines of sight across landscapes.
- Create a 2-D cross-section profile graph of a 3-D surface, given a line across the surface.
- Create 3-D features from 2-D data.
- Digitize 3-D features.
- Extrude 3-D features from 2-D features.
- Simulate “flying through” a landscape, using animation capabilities
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.