Another Tie between Attributes and Geographics
Zoom to the GPS track. Click the Find button, whose icon looks like binoculars, on the Standard toolbar. Make sure the Features tab is active. Move the Find window to the right, past the DRG. Type Island in the Find text box. The text box below that should say <Visible layers>. Press Find. At the bottom of the window, you should see that a reference to Island was found in the cole_vctr shapefile table, in the field WHAT. See Figure 2-30
After you have “found” a feature with Find, you have a remarkable number of options for examining that feature. Here are some:
While looking at the island on the map,
- Click the text Island in the Find window to flash the feature.
- Right-click the text Island and click Select on the menu that drops down.
- Right-click the text Island and click Identify. Look at the Identify window, and then dismiss it.
- Right-click the text Island and click Create Bookmark. Select Bookmarks > Island. Observe the result, temporarily moving the Find window as necessary. Then select Go Back To Previous Extent.
- Right-click the text Island and click Zoom To. Zoom back.
- Right-click the text Island and click Unselect.
- Dismiss the Find window.
Have you added to your Fast Facts File lately?