Chapter 3. Polygonal Modeling of the Character's Accessories
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Preparing the scene for polygonal modeling
- Modeling the eye
- Modeling the armor plates
- Using the Mesh to Curve technique to add details
In the previous two chapters, we did the following:
- Quickly modeled a simple base mesh, as close as possible to the shape of the reference templates
- Sculpted this base mesh, refining the shapes and adding details to some extent
We have also quickly modeled very simple teeth and talons, and placed bare UV Spheres as placeholders for the eyes.
It's now time to start some polygonal modeling to complete the eyes, but especially to build the armor that our character is wearing.