The business requirements have been drilled down into technical requirements until the planning phase. Now is the time to convert the technical requirements into the actual protocol-level details that will ensure that the network delivers the technical, functional, and performance requirements that the network is being designed for. In this phase of the network lifecycle, some of the most technical decisions are made such as:
- What should be the physical topology of the network?
- What should be the logical topology of the network?
- How should we plan for redundancy at the node level, site level, and at a service level?
- What should be the IP addressing schema for the network?
- What protocols should run on the network?
- How do we prioritize ...