DIGITAL CABLE TV
Digital Cable TV has the following advantages :
- TV image resolution is improved. There is less interference from noise to create snow and shadows.
- Stereo sound in the form of digital radio can be provided.
- Less bandwidth is used per television station and movie sent to subscribers. Providers can put 10 to 12 channels instead of 1 into each 6 megahertz channel of capacity.
- The extra capacity is a particular benefit for operators that supply internet access and voice telephony as well as cable TV.
- In the future, digital TV could be used for electronic commerce although to date this has not happened. In Europe, where fewer people than in the United States have computers, expectations for commerce via set-top boxes and digital cable ...