ACOUSTICS OF STUDIOS
The term studio means a room where sound is picked up by a microphone and it includes radio-broadcasting station, television station and sound-recording studio. The acoustic design of a studio requires the following special precautions to be taken for its efficient working.
- The noise level in the studio should be brought down to 20 to 30 dB.
- Echoes should be completely eliminated.
- The finish on the outside surfaces should be of a sound reflecting material.
- Partition walls and exterior walls of the studio should be sufficiently rigid to resist vibration and to prevent resonance.
- The finish on the interior surfaces of walls, ceilings and floors should be of absorbent materials. This will help in reducing time of reverberation. ...