HIGH FREQUENCY LOUDSPEAKERS
There are two main types of high frequency speakers; the well-known tweeter and the more recent supertweeter. Supertweeters can be add-ons or they can be integral with the system. Six basic high-frequency speakers (tweeters) exist.
- The cone is a physically disincentive version of the woofer.
- The dome, so called because of its dome-shaped diaphragm.
- The horn, so named because it is a horn.
- The Heil air-motion transformer which uses the principle of lever in its operation, named after its inventor, Dr. Oskar Heil.
- High polymer molecular-film tweeter, uses the piezoelectric effect for its principle of operation (used exclusively by Pioneer).
- The electrostatic tweeter works on the principle of attraction or repulsion ...