THE 625-LINE SYSTEM
The CCIR-B standard is adopted by our country. The details of the CCIR-B standard are:
- Each VHF and UHF television station is assigned a channel that is 7 MHz wide. The composite video signal must fit into the 7 MHz bandwidth.
- The visual (picture) carrier frequency is 1.25 MHz above the low end of each channel.
- The aural (sound) carrier frequency is 5.5 MHz above the visual carrier frequency.
- The chrominance (colour) subcarrier frequency is 4.43361875 MHz above the picture carrier frequency. For practical purposes, the subcarrier frequency is expressed as 4.43 MHz.
- One complete picture frame consists of 625 scanning lines (585 active lines actually produce the picture. The remaining lines are blanked out during the vertical ...