ACOUSTIC DESIGN OF AUDITORIUMS
The following conditions should prevail in an auditorium possessing good acoustical properties.
- The initial sound should be of good intensity or loudness.
- The sound which is produced should be evenly spread over the whole area covered by the audience.
- The initial sound should be clear and distinct.
- The initial sound should reach the audience with the same frequency and intensity.
- All undesired sound should be reduced to such an extent that it will not interfere with the normal hearing of speech and music.
The following factors play an important role in the acoustic design of an auditorium.
- Volume : The best guide for deciding the volume of a proposed auditorium will be the detailed study of an existing auditorium ...