- Describe the primary difference between longitudinal and transverse waves.
- What possible changes could occur to the velocity, frequency and wavelength of a wave as it goes from one medium to another?
- What is the difference between progressive and standing waves?
- What decides whether a medium will transmit longitudinal or transverse waves?
- When transverse waves travel along a rope, each particle moves only at right angles to the rope. What is it that moves along the rope?
- Why are waves of various kinds so useful in conveying information from one place to another?
- Suggest practical uses that can be made of the fact that sound waves travel through solids with greater ease than through liquids or gases.
- A sound produced by ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.