Systematic visual documentation of location-based human activity
• This is used to document observable human activities and personal characteristics, interactions, time spent at fixed locations or in transit, and details of environmental context.
• A sketch map or architectural floor plan is used as the underlay for recording observations.
• Place-centered mapping is based on observations of all people and their interactions at a specific location.
• Individual-centered mapping follows the travel and activities of specific individuals over time and location, documenting their social behaviors and interactions.
• While typically completed in real time, mapping can involve time-lapse photography or video.
• Interviews or ...