Helps determine and prioritize which product attributes are most important to the customer
• By assigning each product attribute to one of five categories, customer values regarding satisfaction can be revealed.
• Required (atari mae or “quality element”) are the baseline features that must be included, such as privacy, safety, and security.
• Desired (ichi gen teki or “one-dimensional quality element”) are attributes that when included, increase the perceived value of the product.
• Exciter/Delighter (mi ryoku teki or “attractive quality element”) are a source of surprise based on latent customer needs, improving measures of satisfaction.
• Neutral (mu kan shin or “indifferent quality element”) represent features that customers ...