The rapid review of multiple design concepts by multiple users in quick succession
• Exposes people to design ideas via storyboards and simulated environments before expensive technical prototypes are built, using the following process:
– Conduct contextual field research via methods such as interviews, role-playing, artifact analysis, directed storytelling, diary studies, and cultural probes.
– Create storyboards to elicit an emotional, empathic reaction to relatable characters in convincing scenarios, based on the needs uncovered by research.
– Speed date storyboards to a group of people followed by focus questions to help design teams understand what is in the users’ minds.
– Articulate misunderstandings, refine scenarios, ...