Engaging users in creative activities to provide rich information for concept development
• Participatory methods include codesign activities as a collaborative process between user and designer.
• Methods may include creative tool kits, design workshops, card sorting, collages, cognitive mapping, diagramming, drawing, and flexible modeling.
• The creation of an artifact around which a participant may talk will act as a trigger for engaged conversation.
• Early phase expressive exercises such as collage enable participants to articulate feelings and desires.
• Later phase exercises consist of constructive methods such as flexible modeling, manipulating design elements oriented toward concept generation.
• Participatory ...