A content inventory tells you what your content is; an audit recommends what it should be
• Everything a customer can read, watch, interact with, or listen to can be considered content.
• Perform an inventory and audit:
– When beginning a website redesign
– When merging multiple sites or splitting up into smaller, niche sites
– When preparing content for multichannel distribution or a Content Management System (CMS)
• A content inventory organizes assets into a spreadsheet of content items and attributes.
• A quantitative content audit assesses the attributes of “Governance,” including ownership, copyright, and creative details.
• The qualitative content audit rates “Content Quality” criteria such as credibility, ...