A narrative exploring the future use of a product from a user’s point of view
• A scenario is a believable narrative, usually set in the future, of a person’s experience as he or she engages with a product or a service.
• By making design ideas explicit and concrete, the design team can empathetically envision the future ways in which a product is likely to be used.
• The scenario should focus efforts on building culturally meaningful artifacts that augment actual human activity, rather than designing toward technical requirements.
• Scenarios bring personas to life. Both deliverables therefore reinforce the value of the other.
• Scenarios should range from baseline, status quo to high-stress situations with less-than-optimal conditions. ...