A step-by-step process to identify, organize, and connect common themes in qualitative data
• Systematically breaking down texts into patterns, themes, and relationships helps to synthesize qualitative information into actionable design insight.
• Three classes of themes summarize and organize information into a web-like illustration to communicate findings with stakeholders:
1. Basic themes come directly from textual data, considered within the context of other basic themes to flesh out a fuller story.
2. Organizing themes separate basic themes into clusters of similar issues, collectively forming a higher order premise as an argument, position, or assertion.
3. Global themes distill the overarching point of the text into ...